Saturday, February 25, 2012

Battle of the Sexes: Living Room Edition

I am an old-fashioned girl through and through.  That is one thing about me that's probably not going to change anytime in the near future.  I am love with all things vintage, antiquing is one of my very favorite pasttimes, and most of the time, I'd rather own something old with a history than something brand spankin' new.  I find myself being attracted to peeling paint on old wooden furniture, and I think old houses are the most beautiful ones. 

My fiance, on the other hand, couldn't be more different.  He loves having the newest and most updated versions of things and rolls his eyes when I mention dreaming of an old house with creaky wooden floors.  The things that appeal to him in pictures of home decor are mainly monochromatic, metals, and lots and lots of open space.  He is a modern guy through and through.  This, as you can imagine, has led to some pretty interesting discussions over how to decorate and paint the rooms in our (as of yet unpurchased) home.  I like clutter and coziness, while he's all about tidiness and space. 

The latest argument, for example, has been over our living room couch.  (Ridiculous, I know.)  He wants a big, black, leather couch, while I want...well, basically anything besides a leather couch.  All I think of when I see a leather couch is a.) whether or not my legs are going to stick to it and b.) if I move too much on it, will it sound like I'm farting?  The following are some examples of what I adore and look for in a living room:




























LOVE the rustic look of the coffee table and the splashes of yellow! (found here)


Such an open, sunny room with a unique couch (found here)





































Apparently I'm very into the yellow again.  This looks very rugged and fall-ish to me, and I adore the ceiling tiles (found here)


























I am in LOVE with everything about this living room.  It seems so calm with the blue; I love the birdcage, the feather canvas, and even the empty antique frames on the wall! (found here)


Sigh.  They had me at the patterned couch and the bookshelves.  (found here)


Ceiling medallions!  On the wall!  Couldn't be more beautiful/creative!  (found here)

You know, I could go on forever.  But I think you get the picture.  Let's give Jared a turn, shall we?

xoxochelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment