Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Gold Inspiration for the New Year

For some reason, gold is the color I think of when I think of the New Year.  Gold confetti and glittery dresses, I love it!  Here are some Midas-inspired pretties to ring in 2014!

This blogger spiced up her plain white Ikea dresser using spray-painted trim from O'Verlays.  Check out her glam dresser makeover here.  This would look amazing in a luxe entryway/foyer.

This glittery gold banner is sold by a shop on Etsy, but it would be a pretty easy DIY.  Would be perfectly festive on a plain white wall, on a Christmas tree, or across a window!

One of my favorite bloggers of all times seems to love all things gold and thought this (formerly black and white) bulldog from the Target Dollar Spot needed some spicing up.  So she used gold leaf to give him a shiny new coat.  She shares her DIY here.

Gold, glitter, and polka dots...three of my favorite things!  This blinged-out closet is absolutely gorgeous; it makes me want to deck out one of my house's closets with glitter paint or pretty wallpaper...an unexpected and fun touch.  DIY over here.

Blogger Emily Schuman made some pretty, sparkly, "just because" cards to send to her friends.  My favorite is the one with the Mean Girls quote :)  Check them out here.

Now I'm not one to condone the destruction of literature.  But this DIY project involves chevron and gold, and I just can't ignore that.  A cute idea to spice up a centerpiece or a topper for a side table...maybe you could use old textbooks or something :)  Project found here.

Gold is one of my very favorite colors for home decor, and it can be used in so many different ways.  It will definitely always be a color that can be spotted around my home.  One of my most prized possessions in terms of completely unnecessary home decor items is a gold candle stand from Target:
It is from their Patch NYC collection from last year, so it's no longer sold in stores.  

Happy 2014!!
xoxochelsea






No comments:

Post a Comment