Of course, by saying this, I'm probably jinxing the nice weather and we'll end up having a huge blizzard over the weekend. But such is life :) Anyway, the few first nice days of the season got me in the mood to shop. I'm not sure what this says about me, but I always immediately think about shopping for clothes whenever the season changes. It probably has something to do with the extra-thick fashion magazines that are issued, announcing the "newest trends" ("Florals for spring? Groundbreaking." - Meryl Streep in Devil Wears Prada). Whatever the case, Jared and I are going on a miniature trip this weekend, and I'm hoping to score lots of great deals! Here's what's on my list of things to look for:
1. Steve Madden Pony Hair Flat - I don't think I would be a fan of wearing legit pony hair on my feet (although let's not kid ourselves; I wear leather all the time and I know perfectly well where it comes from :/ ), but I do have to admit that these slip-on sneakers are very cute and on-trend. They would go really well with some cuffed, distressed jeans and a plain V-neck tee. They look super comfy too!
2. Floral jeans pinned by this site - If anyone has any more information about these pants, please let me know! I love them! I know, I know, florals come into style EVERY spring. But I think printed pants are so fun, and I love the color combo of this screen-printed pair. (I have a green floral pair that my sister says makes me look like a grandma on vacation in Florida. I don't completely disagree. But I'm okay with it.)
3. Neon multicolor earrings (found on Etsy via Pinterest, no longer available) - There are a lot of bright, sparkly earrings out there right now, and I love these neon ones. I also like these from J. Crew, but that store is too damn expensive for me. I wear my fanciest earrings with a plain white top, jeans, and a messy high ponytail. I'm not sure why, I just really like how they can make a casual outfit look like "fashion".
4. Turquoise nail polish like Essie's Hide and Go Chic - I'm not big on manicures, mostly because I suck at painting my own nails and they chip literally within five minutes. But I always have my toes painted, and in the spring/summer, the brighter the better. I'm looking for a bright, swimming pool blue to wear on my toes this summer.
5. Exercise tanks like this geeky one - If you have read my blog, you'll know that my husband and I are super-nerds. While Jared is more of the computer-geek type and I tend to be more of a book-nerd, we both love old-school video games. This vintage-Nintendo-inspired workout tank (that says "Training to be a Legend") goes all the way back to the very first Legend of Zelda. I hate working out, but God knows I need to start, and cute workout clothes might get me more in the mood to actually use them.
6. Summery hat like this one from J.Crew - Let me first just say that I would never be able to pull this off. I like to picture myself wearing a big straw hat on the beach with some sort of pretty, patterned maxi dress...but I own a straw fedora that I have worn like twice and took it off both times because I felt so stupid. I am just way too self-aware to wear something that could potentially make me look dumb. Plus my husband would never stop laughing at me. But it's nice to dream :)
7. American Eagle lace baseball hat - I actually just purchased almost this exact hat yesterday, except my version is eyelet instead of lace. This is a hat that actually doesn't look too silly on me...I like the way it makes a dressy and feminine outfit look less so. It's sporty but still very girly.
8. Etsy tribal-print scarf - I'm one of those people that wear scarves in the spring/summer. I know it doesn't make sense, and sure, the back of my neck frequently gets sweaty. But I think a lightweight, gauzy scarf looks great over a solid-color tank, and it can really add a lot to an outfit. I bought a scarf like this yesterday as well; the neon colors plus an Aztec-y print makes it pretty trendy.
9. Anthropologie mint watch - I will admit that I don't need this. I have one like it in white already...but I loooove mint green! The gold face gives this watch an extra something special.
What's on your spring shopping list?