Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Two Loves of My Life

...are dogs...and books.  Shut your mouth.  I'm allowed to be a nerd.  Here are a couple of brief gift guides to satisfy the literary dog-lover in your life.  Or...treat yo'self to one of these fun items.  I'm not ashamed to admit that I myself have already ordered at least two of these things.

For the Lit Lovers:

Jane Austen library candle - This elegant-looking candle contains a quote from Jane Austen (or several other well-known authors), and it is scented with gardenia, tuberose, and jasmine.  For those of you freaks who like to sniff your books before you read them (holla!!! Me too!), there are some lovely book-scented candles/sprays out there as well.
Fuck Off, I'm Reading tee - For when you really, REALLY don't want to be disturbed while reading.  I can think of a few times this shirt would have come in handy for me.  (Coworkers:  there's a reason I go to my car to eat my lunch.  And Husband:  there's a reason the bedroom door is closed.  And the television off.)
Handmade Harry Potter notebooks - Any Harry Potter fans out there who also like to write?!  These notebooks are custom-made to look like Hogwarts textbooks.  Super nerdy, I understand, but also kind of awesome, no?  You can choose from things like "Spells and Charms" or "Defense Against the Dark Arts"!  :)  
Hundred Acre Wood pendant - Winnie the Pooh was one of my childhood favorites, and this cute pocket-watch-style pendant necklace pictures a "map" of the Hundred Acre Wood!
In the Night Kitchen tee - Out of Print clothing offers sooo many cute book-themed tshirts - this is just one of them.  Bonus:  it's a "banned book," ridiculously enough.  I guess it shows the little boy's CARTOON DRAWING penis.  God forbid.  Notice, though, that there's no genitalia on the shirt itself :)
Book-style tissue box - Okay, so, I don't know how useful a "tissue box" would actually be, but this is pretty darn cute.  On the side, it reads "Book of Tissue."

Dog Lovers Unite!:
BarkBox subscription - This box costs 12 bucks a month, and it is shipped to you monthly and contains lots of goodies for your pup!  The boxes can include things like organic dog treats, cleaning products, and different types of toys.  This is just like Birchbox, but for dogs, and I love the idea!  Plus, 10 percent of the proceeds go to animal rescue.
Shake by Carli Davidson - This is a hilarious photography book I hope will grace my coffee table one day!  It's full of cute photos of dogs mid-shake.
Handmade pit bull terrier necklace - I adore the idea of giving the world's most misunderstood breed some love.  This particular necklace is super colorful and made to look like a "Day of the Dead" style sugar skull.  Again, 10 percent of the proceeds are donated to pit bull rescue!
Custom pet sculpture - This Etsy artist sculpts a tiny totem of your pet using photos that you send her.  The result is a petite version of your dog - I would love one of these made to look like my dirty white dog, Riley!
Bloggers Love Dogs 2014 calendar - A beautiful calendar full of gorgeous photographs of dogs, taken by well-known bloggers.  ALL of the proceeds for this calendar are donated to the Humane Society of the United States!
Beautiful Old Dogs by David Tabatsky - This is one of the most moving photography books I have ever seen.  I own it, and by like page 3, I was bawling my eyes out.  Full of great pictures of senior dogs accompanied by emotional anecdotes. 

xoxochelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment