(picture from here)
I'm pretty sure I'm about three seasons behind on the ombre trend, but that's pretty typical for me. :) Since the change in hair, my eye has been drawn to all things ombre - don't get me wrong, I'm still obsessed with chevron - but this has definite possibility to be a new "thing" for me.
Etsy Roundup - Ombre Edition!
1. Hand-dyed ombre tights - Though I am intrigued by this trend in hosiery, I would have no friggin' clue how to go about wearing these. Maybe with a plain black skirt/dress and boots? They are cute, but they confuse me!
2. Ombre chevron painting - AAAAH! Ombre and chevron in the same pretty piece!!! I love! This would be super easy to replicate at home too.
3. Set of 5 ombre hair ties - These kinds of hair ties are my favorite because they don't leave dents in your hair when you take out your ponytail. The pretty dip-dyed colors are a bonus! Plus, they would look awesome on your wrist when they aren't in your hair - I wear mine as bracelets sometimes.
4. Custom ombre aisle runner - I love this idea! If I had to plan the wedding all over again - God forbid, moststressfulthingever - I might use something like this. The downside is that what's shown in the picture is actually flower petals, which I would think would get all kerbobbled in the train of your dress and drag all over hell and mess up the pretty ombre pattern. But...it's a nice idea. :)
5. Ombre beaded necklace - I love the simplicity of this orange statement necklace. It looks like something you could easily handmake, but it would look so awesome with a plain white T.
6. Ombre infinity scarf - Infinity scarves are my favorite in the winter - they're so easy! This one is a pretty rust color and looks super warm.
7. Pink ombre cardboard Christmas trees - These laser cut trees are so fun and unique for a holiday centerpiece! I kind of want to buy them for myself!
A sidenote: You would not believe how many pairs of ombre dip-dyed denim hot pants are up for sale on Etsy. My Lord. Sorry those didn't make the list. Yikes.
And a very unflattering picture of my hair. You definitely notice the color difference more in person :)
I love it love it love it!!!!