And okay. I probably wouldn't say no to any (or all) of the items on this list either.
1. I am obsessed with this trendy arrow ring from one of my favorite online boutiques, BaubleBar. It's been seen on the most fashion-savvy style bloggers, like Atlantic-Pacific. ($24)
2. Give her this Ticket Stub Diary so she can preserve and document all of her most memorable events, like sporting events, concerts, and movie dates! It includes spaces in all the margins to write down little notes about the event :) ($11)
3. These handmade, crocheted earmuffs would look quirky-cute atop her peacoat...and they're hiding a secret! There are headphones inside, ready to hook up to your iPod! ($38)
4. A fun updated take on the friendship bracelets she used to exchange in elementary school. The Liberty print mixed with some sparkle is gorgeous...but most of the stuff from J.Crew is. Unfortunately, the prices tend to be not so pretty. ($39.50)
5. If she's artsy, this artist's attache case from Anthropologie is so sophisticated and luxe! The tweed-covered box looks just like a vintage suitcase, and it's full of paintbrushes, watercolors, colored pencils, and envelopes. (Sorry, price not included!)
6. This gemstone magnet set would spice up a boring old dorm-room refrigerator; I would also use them as decorative paperweights. Each sparkly set of 8 comes with unique minerals - no set is exactly alike. ($36)
7. Give her this gilded gold feather tray so she can organize her sparkly rings, her many nail polishes, or her ponytail holders. Each of these beautiful trays are handmade and unique. ($45)
8. I have been lusting after different nail polish trends lately, and this nail caviar set is no exception. This is a set of 8 - four colors with four coordinating bottles of "caviar" that almost looks like your nails are covered in pretty little sprinkles! Love it! ($29)
9. I'm not sure if there can be such a thing as a trendy umbrella, but if there was, this would be it. Help her keep her hair dry with this chic printed bubble umbrella. ($29.99)
And a bonus book gift for fashionistas everywhere...
This book, from popular lifestyle blog Cupcakes and Cashmere, brings us gorgeous photographs and glossy how-tos on everything from the smoky eye to throwing a great New Year's party. Organized by season, it covers fashion, beauty, entertaining, and DIY projects all in one book. Though obviously a light and fluffy read, it's definitely worth a peruse - this girl can dress.
And one more for a closet book worm....
The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly bridges that thin line between young adult and adult fiction, and it does so beautifully. A young boy who loves his books begins to find reality and fantasy blurring together, and the result is a pretty dark and sinister world that will absolutely draw you in and not let you go. No matter how little imagination you think you have, or how much you think you hate fantasy, you will not be disappointed by this unique novel.