Monday, May 21, 2012

Moving Day Approaches....

I really, really, really did not want to live with Jared before we were married.  Not because I don't believe in that kind of thing, but because I was afraid that once we moved in together, then after we got married, nothing would change.  We would have a piece of paper saying that we were husband and wife, sure, but the fun decorating/painting/move-in stage?  Over and done with.  But then I thought:  Who cares?  We are still doing all of those things, just a bit out of order, if you will.  Besides, what really matters is that we'll be together.  Okay, puke.  ANYWAY.

We happened to fall into this really great deal of a house in my hometown...3 blocks away from my parents.  I KNOW.  I'm not thrilled about this part, but my gosh, I'm in love with the house.  Tons of shelving, a beautiful red kitchen, and his 'n' hers bathrooms...What more could I want? :)  And we get to move in...drum roll...this weekend!!!!!!!  I am more excited than I can express, though I'm not sure I can say the same for Jared.  My poor fiance is basically in shock of how many boxes I have already packed full of my stuff.  And we've only just begun.  Oh, the joys of moving!

So since I stopped buying Teen Vogue and started buying Martha Stewart Living and House Beautiful (I'm officially old), I've dog-eared hundreds of pages and ripped out even more pictures of pretty houses.  And over the years, I've noticed a theme of sorts, several things that kept on popping up within the shreds of paper.  And these things are as follows, the parts that make up my Dream House:

1.  A unique headboard
There are so many things you can use for different headboard options, and I think all of these are beautiful!  You can use a large piece of fabric, a pretty piece of art, an old wooden pallet, a folding screen, a fabric-covered canvas....
(from here)

A cool piece of shelving...
(from here)

An old wooden door...
(from here)

Or even a pair of old shutters!
(from here)





2.  An accent wall
I also love the idea of having one accent wall somewhere in the house, whether it's one wallpapered wall, one slightly different shade, or a bright splash of color.  I think it's so fun and attention-getting!
It can be obvious...
(from here)

Or more subtle.
(from here)



3.  A black and white bathroom OR walk-in closet
I don't know why I like this so much.  Jared and my mom both hate it and say it reminds them of a circus.  But maybe that's why I like it?
(from here)

(from here)


4.  Bright front door
You've already heard all about my obsession with this.


5.  Bright yellow paint SOMEwhere
Maybe a door...
(here)

Maybe a room...
(here)

Or maybe just a dresser.  Love!



6.  A photo wall
(from here)
Enough said.  Beautiful!

7.  A beautiful, clean, white and grey bedroom
If we could have this exact bedroom, we'd pee in our pants.  For real.

8.  Chalkboard
(from here)
I love the idea of using chalkboard paint as a kitchen backsplash!

Sigh.  If only, if only!  Well, back to packing!

xoxochelsea

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is awesome! Just one comment: wouldn't the old shutters leave paint chips in the bed? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) :) Meh, I'll keep a Dustbuster stashed in the nightstand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic blog you have here. You’ll discover me looking at your stuff often. Saved! moving company in pasadena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive web site, Distinguished feedback that I can tackle. Im moving forward and may apply to my current job as a pet sitter, which is very enjoyable, but I need to additional expand. Regards. fischervanlines.com

    ReplyDelete