Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How was your Weekend?

(Note:  I apologize in advance if this post is a bit scattered...I'm currently being distracted by the show New Girl.  I <3 Zooey Deschanel (and her bangs) sooo so much, so my eyes keep being drawn back to the TV.)

I can't believe it's already Tuesday night!  It seems like the weekend just flew right by.  I am not at all ready to get back into the swing of things...but it was a pretty great weekend!  My adorable niece turned two, my sister picked out her bridesmaid dress, and we had some roller-skating fun!  Here's a little photo collage I put together:

1.  Pokey Little Puppy book that Audrey got for her second birthday

2.  <3

3.  Happy Birthday! 

4.  The birthday girl was all pooped out from a full day of birthday festivities...poor thing!

5.  "Hi, my name's Gidget!  I have a pretty serious underbite, but I'm still cute!"

6.  Ohhh, this girl and her facial expressions :)  Love it!

7.  The Valentine's Day Countdown starts tomorrow!!! <3

8.  Would you believe this tiny dog can eat an entire Big Mac?  True story.  (Also, how pretty is my grandma's nail polish?!)

9.  Old-school rollerskating never gets old!  ...Even when they play the theme song from Cops and Puff the Magic Dragon.

All photos taken by me via Instagram, except #9, found here

And finally, here is a sneak peek of the bridesmaid's dress my big sister will be wearing as my maid of honor.  When doing wedding research, mismatching bridesmaid's dresses always jump out at me - it just looks so laid-back and relaxed!  So I've decided to incorporate that concept into our wedding as well:  all the dresses will be some shade of charcoal (our colors are grey, yellow, and Tiffany blue), but they'll all be different styles or cuts.  After trying on approximately 30 dresses, we decided on, yes, the VERY FIRST dress my sister had tried on.  It looked great on her, and I'm excited to see it in the grey rather than the burgundy-ish color it was. 
Would look so cute with some pale yellow heels?!  What do you think?

In other news, I wore my new hot pink snakeskin smoking flats to school this morning (right here), and the pink color was making me all happy and excited about the day!  And as I was walking to class, I noticed a rather uncomfortable pinching sensation on the back of my heel.  "Hmm, no big deal," I said to myself.  "I am used to uncomfortable shoes!  It ain't fashion if it don't hurt!"  (Okay, I didn't actually say that.)  So I went to class, where I immediately got a compliment on the shoes from the stylish, hat-wearing girl sitting beside me.  "Score!" I thought.  "I KNEW these were a good impulse purchase!" 

After class, I walked to the library, where I noticed something...odd.  Were my feet...sweaty?  No.  Did I step in an unusually large puddle?  But, no, it was worse than that.  It was blood.  My beautiful new shoes cut my ankle open.  :(  I wondered simultaneously how long I had been walking around whilst dripping blood and how I would walk all the way back home in a pair of shoes that double as torture devices.  So I decided to tuck toilet paper in the back of my (now soiled) shoe and limp back to my car a few blocks away.  When I got upstairs to my room, I discovered that the blood-stained toilet paper had been trailing out of the back of my shoe since I had left my car.  Wonderful.  So I decided to stay in my room the rest of the day and watch reruns of The Office.

Typical day.  Sigh.

In other news!  The Fiance and I watched 50/50 over the weekend, and I found it to be quite enjoyable!  I'm not sure how much he enjoyed it (or how much he even was able to watch, considering the fact that I made him play with my hair the whole time), but I love anything involving Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Seth Rogen's character was absolutely hilarious and did a lot to tone down the seriousness of the movie!

(From here)

It was actually based on a true story of a 20-something who gets a very serious form of cancer, and it's pretty much just about him struggling to deal with his diagnosis and his loved ones' reactions to it.  Joseph Gordon-Levitt did an AMAZING job in the role - such a touching performance, particularly one heart-wrenching moment in his car.  Anna Kendrick (of Twilight fame) played his awkward therapist, and she also did a great job with her part.  IMDB refers to 50/50 as a comedy, but I definitely wouldn't classify it as a comedy.  While Seth Rogen especially did well at lightening up the somber subject of the movie, I really think it was more of a drama.  But it really did have some beautiful moments (even if you're not a fan of Rogen's crass humor), and it's definitely worth a watch (or two) - bring tissues!!

One more thing:  I have a new guilty pleasure.  Dance Moms on Lifetime.  So entertaining!  These little girls' dance instructor is not to be believed.  And if you think the pageant moms on Toddlers and Tiaras are bad, get a load of these dance moms! 

(Picture from here)

Still to come tonight:  Tutorial Tuesday AND a preview of some Valentine's Day projects!

xoxochelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment